jeudi 15 mars 2012

Sydney Rediscovered - Sydney Harbour

Sydney is a long way from Adelaide and even further from Paris. I have only spent a few days in Sydney in the past 30 years so this week has been a chance to rediscover its beauty. The weather has been ideal for sighseeing and the humidity that I was concerned about has been thankfully absent.

I have been amazed by the amount of green everywhere in terms of open spaces and trees. Looking from the ferries that we have taken to Parramatta and Watsons Bay a surprising number of the homes are obscured by the trees. There is no doubt that Sydney Harbour with its 240 km of shoreline is the star attraction of this city. The bays are full of all manner of boats and yachts. They range from small 'run abouts' to large, luxury, sleek vessels waiting for the next champagne cruise. 

View from Sydney Eye towards the Heads
View from Sydney Eye towards North Sydney
Circular Quay

Sydney Opera House

View of city centre
View of city centre

Sydney Harbour Bridge

Sydney ferries and Opera House

Circular Quay

Watsons Bay

Dunbar House, Watson's Bay
View of CBD from Watsons Bay

4 commentaires:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous city and photos! Really tug my heartstrings. Thanks for sharing :)

    Wonderful you're enjoying Sydney. We'll be there later in April and can't wait to get back.

    Cheers and happy travels.

    CarolynB

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I am glad you enjoyed the photos. I will be posting some more. April is the perfect time to be in Sydney. We are doing a home exchange and are fortunate to have a lovely, well located home not far from the city.

    If you make it to Adelaide let me know. I would love to meet you, have coffee and show you around.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I may not be a Sydneyside (I'm from North Queensland) but i love the city and I think you've captured it really well. You certainly do have stunning weather. Since he moved there in October, Leonardo has had nothing but rain! Hope it holds out for his housewarming on Saint Patrick's Day on Saturday. Looking forward to more photos.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. The weather is still holding out in spite of predictions of rain. Let Leonardo know that if he needs me to come back and bring good weather again, I will be happy to oblige. Will Leonardo be whipping up some of his famous apple crumble? I am guessing he particularly chose St Patrick's Day for the housewarming. There are signs everywhere saying that the city streets will be blocked off on Sunday. For some reason the parade is going to be held on Sunday. Perhaps so everyone can get to both it and Leonardo's housewarming.

      Supprimer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...