|Féfé by Willysmile (CC BY-NC 2.0)|
As part of the Adelaide Festival Centre’s new summer music season in January, Sessions, there will be two ‘So Frenchy So Chic Live’ performances at the Space Theatre, Adelaide Festival Centre. Sessions is focused on live music from local, national and international bands in a relaxed club atmosphere.
Asa and Féfé will perform on 19 January 2012. You may have seen these internationally acclaimed performers at WOMADelaide in 2011.
Asa was raised in Lagos but is now a rising star in France. "...the strident new voice of modern folk...Asa will deliver an up close and personal set fusing contemporary soul, pop, reggae and funk with her trademark husky voice."
"When she gets her jazz groove on in Bimpé and Be My Man, you wish the songs would never end." The Guardian
If like me you don't know Asa, check out her website which has some clips of her recordings.http://www.asa-official.com/
Féfé was born in France to Nigerian parents. He breaks the boundaries of traditional hip-hop, weaving his style of rap through funk, soul, blues and catchy pop. Check out his music at http://www.fefe-lesite.com/
“He has that Michael Franti factor when it comes to manipulating thousands of punters into shaking their booty.” The Australian
For further information on Asa and Féfé appearing in Sessions for So Frenchy So Chic Live visitwww.adelaidefestivalcentre.com.au/sessions
- Space Theatre, Adelaide Festival Centre
- Asa – 19 January at 6.30pm
- Féfé – 19 January at 9.30pm
- Either session: Adults $50, Concession $45, Student $45, Greenroom $19.95,Groups (6+) $45
- Either session: Season Subscription Adult $37.50, Season Subscription Concession $35
- For both Asa and Féfé: Adult $80, Concession $75
- BASS on 131 246 or online at www.bass.net.au